Monday, January 16, 2012

?!@#$%

When did it become 2012????

Yes, I know it has been months since my last post. And you can be certain that after this one, I probably won't post again for another 6 months. Just how I blog.

I guess I should recap the past few months....I will be short.
- Trauma - great....glad its over
- Adult for 2 weeks - I <3 ED
- Vacation for 2 weeks - Michigan is nice! Hello friends and family!
- Adult - I <3 ED
- EMS for 2 weeks - I am so bored, but I was able to watch Start Wars I-VI for an entire shift.
- CCU for 2 weeks - daily cramping in my hand.....just too much writing
- Peds ED - cough, fever, vomit....repeat x 30....finally one sick patient!

And today starts my next block (4 week rotation) in Adult ED!!!! Yay!! Did I mention that I <3 ED :)

So, what have I learned over the last 7 months.....that everyday I am so far behind! I am fortunate that with my residency I have time off to read about the important diseases and pathologies I will experience. But the amount of material seems to grow exponentially every day. I understand that this is how residency is....its meant to kick your but with information and patients and time (in fact, while entering my duty hours in the computer this morning I decided to add all of my hours up since Aug. 1st and the number said 1567! Wow!! By the end of my first year I will have worked 3000 hours!! And if you string that out, that will be over 9000 hours at the end of residency which is just crazy to think about). I sometimes feel that I have this huge puzzle in front of me with pieces that are missing all the time. Now, I am sure that in a year or two I will be cleaning my apartment and may find those pieces under the refrigerator or in a box somewhere. I just wish I could find them today!!!

Off to read before my shift! Take care (hopefully I will write more, but I wouldn't count on it knowing me!)

No comments: