Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10th??? Already....what happened to March

Wow, time is flying!!! I just realized last night what day it was....I thought I was still in March. I have come to find this term to be not only the busiest in terms of work (path, micro, and now clinical skills with there numerous labs), but it is also the most likely to be awarded "Groundhogs Day". Why? Because I have the same schedule almost everyday, Monday-Friday. I get up at 6 am, I pre-read for that days classes, I have class from 9-12pm (sometimes I have 8am class but I have been skipping clinical skills on the basis of its boring factor), then I head to the library to study. On mondays and wednesdays I have clinical skills lab from 1-3pm. On tues. and thurs. I have that same time frame to study. Monday - thurs. its Pathology lab form 3-5pm. Friday I have Microbiology lab from 3-5pm (and every other friday its Patient interviewing from 1-3....thanks clinical skills!!!). After my hectic day, I always give my brain a rest and abuse my body...i mean work out....for about an hour. Then I eat dinner, and by 7:30 I'm back to studying, doing Path slides, and more studying until 11 pm, when I go to bed and do it all over again the next day. The weekends have a slightly different schedule....but I will save that description for another day.


So, last week was test week. I got my grades back. A "B" in micro and an "A" in Path. I was very happy with the Path grade....really pissy with Micro. The questions were not in the least bit representative of what we should know as Dr's. I felt with some questions I was taking a reading/vocab test. Others I felt weren't even covered and therefore, I needed to use my best "which one sounds more micro" guessing abilities. I still have a shot to get an A in micro....I just have to really work hard for the last test. Path, I am extremely happy with. I only hope I can do as well on the remaining tests (2 more to go).



So, on saturday, I decided to take the entire day and treat myself at a resort here in Grenada called La Source. I went with my roomates, Layne and Alison, Layne's sister Danielle, and Kaushik. It was awesome!!! We paid for a day pass from 9am-6pm that included breakfast, lunch, snacks, and unlimited alchohol. Not to mention use of their pools, water activities, golfing and tennis courts. It was so nice. They also have a full spa there, but I decided against any treatments as I was trying to conserve money. But, I did learn how to play cricket from the staff there. I'm not saying I was any good at it, but I tried!!! Here are some pics....please excuse the fluff...i'm trying hard to lose it!!!








Before any of you email me to say "is this what i'm doing in medical school", you should note that this was ONE DAY of relaxation and fun since January 14th. So, I don't want to here it!!!

Alright....i have lots of Cardiovascular Path to study. Need to catch up since next week we start a new topic....hematopoeitic system!!! Sounds like loads of fun. Have a great night everyone!!

No comments: