Friday, May 30, 2008

150 - 30 =

20 POUNDS!!!! I have finally reached my goal....almost 4 weeks early! On January 26th I decided that by June 30th I wanted to lose 20 pounds, and I did it. The healthy way of course....eating well, exercising....plenty of water and rest. So, time to celebrate with a nice big ice cream!! No, not really....but I am having some sushi tonight, and that is very similar to ice cream (at least in my mind).

So what is next?? Well, I have decided to try and lose 2 more pounds before I leave the island. And, I have set a new overall weight goal of 125. By August that is where I want to be. Once I'm there, maintaining should be easy. Goodbye to the fluffiness!!!

In other news....I almost cried this week when my Pittsburgh Penguins were down 2-0 in the series with the Detroit Red Wings. But Wednesday put a huge smile on my face as they won game 3. I believe the next game is Saturday....hopefully they can win and even the series up.

I'm finishing up Renal Pathology today so I can work on Male Reproductive Path later. This weekend is study, study, study.... and Monday we start Endocrine Pathology (never ends....I know).

And, I leave you with this little funny moment courtesy of Yoshie, a girl in my Path group (as relayed to me by Layne). Please note that Yoshie is from Japan and english is not her first language....so many times she is looking up words online for their meaning and definition. The sentence in the case was "He has burning micturition." So here is the exchange:
Yoshie: What is micturition.
Layne: Micturition means like he needs to pee.
Yoshie: I looked it up online and it says desire to pee.....so, he has a burning desire to pee??
Layne: Laughing hysterically

Sometimes being lost in translation can be fun!!! Everyone have a great day! :)

No comments: